Web lists-archives.com

Re: Win10

My bloviated meandering follows what The Real Bev graced us with on 3/9/2019 11:47 AM:
On 03/09/2019 11:37 AM, Big Al wrote:

And how many people own Windows 10, dual boot and use Linux instead.
Does that count if they only fire it up once every 3 months or so?

I left it on the used laptop we bought at a yardsale for $50 because the thing has a touchscreen -- which I probably can't implement with slackware. I use it every 6 months or so. I can't remember why. I'd take it on a long trip, but I haven't done one of those for a while.

Computers are cheap.  Why not have several?

Similar situation here. I purchased a laptop that had a higher resolution since the older lower-res ones make navigating sites like Amazon, whose drop-down menus are an arm's length, a real challenge. Of course, it came with Win10. I only use it when traveling and even then, only to catch up on current events. I only have the bare minimum number of personal programs on it, less than a hand's full (and, half of them are utilities to restore some limited Win7 functionality.

--
Sailfish