Web lists-archives.com

Re: Sin Pijama - Natti Natasha & Becky G

On 3/9/19 4:33 PM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 09/03/2019 20:31, Brian wrote:
>> I probably still have the
>> reinstall disks somewhere. One copy down, a few hundred  million still
>> to account for. :)
>>
>> Brian.
> What reinstall disks?  there are no Windows 10 disks with new
> machines.  Not even DELL or HP will give you reinstall disks.
> Microsoft controls everything what an OEM can do and can't do.
>
> Windows 10 can only be installed on a machine with latest BIOS/UEFI by
> the OEM and they are not allowed to give out serial numbers.  The UEFI
> has got everything a system needs to activate or reactivate
> automatically without the disks.

I'm probably confusing Windows versions. The last version of Windows I
had on my PC was XP.

There was a menu when the PC booted which contained the option to
generate reinstall disks, of that much I'm 100% certain. How long has
Windows 10 been out? If less than ~4 years (best guess of when we
bought the PC) then it must have been an earlier version of Windows.

Brian.