Web lists-archives.com

Re: Sin Pijama - Natti Natasha & Becky G

My bloviated meandering follows what Don Spam's Reckless Son graced us with on 3/8/2019 2:10 PM:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 3/7/19 10:22 PM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:

<https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=zEf423kYfqk&list=RDAMVMzEf423kYfqk>

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

950?

Microsoft says only over 800 million.

<https://news.microsoft.com/bythenumbers/en/windowsdevices>

We all know that every second version of Windows is relatively good.
XP was ok, Vista a disaster, Win 7 was ok and Win 8 a mess.
When I heard that the next version was going to be Win 10, my first thought was that they were skipping the next "good version". It turned out that some programmers had been testing for the string "Windows 9" when detecting Win 95 / Win 98 and they had to avoid that trap.

Now stating the obvious. Win 10 is the "current" windows and has been for some time. Of course its usage figures are going to keep increasing, that does not mean people actually like it (or that they do not).

The true test would be for Microsoft to continue to support, enhance and sell Win7 and see how many stay on that path rather than forcing Win 10 on them whenever they upgrade their machines.

Win 10 is Microsoft's attempt to get users on a subscription-based platform so they can layoff half their development staff and get 3rd parties to develop apps on which they get a 30% cut.

A case in point is where Microsoft had recently threw a bunch of shade on Office 2019 (one-time) and an equal amount of praise on Office 365 (subscription). It was also telling that Office 2019 doesn't work on Win7 even though it's still support until Jan. 2020.

2 pennies worth

--
Sailfish