Web lists-archives.com

likud

APN's daily news review from Israel
Wednesday February 27, 2019

Quote of the day:
"The Lamed Hey convoy was a group of people who fought shoulder to shoulder and fell together: secular and religious, Ashkenazis and Mizrachis. So to turn this subject into a source of division for horrible election propaganda with all the photos from terror attacks, this makes me so sad.” --Attorney Nili Egozi, the daughter of the widow of one of the fallen from the Lamed Hey reacted to the Likud election campaign video.*

*A LIkud campaign video ad in a military cemetery, in which a narrator stood before graves and said that "the public isn't stupid. [Benny] Gantz is left and left is dangerous,” sparked a furor making the top story in today’s Hebrew newspapers. Election rivals called on Likud leader, Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, to apologize to bereaved families over the video broadcast on Likud TV. Likud later removed the video and said that Netanyahu did not approve it. Netanyahu was quick to condemn it. Yedioth interviewed people whose relatives were buried there. The brother of one of the people buried in that section of that cemetery recognized it as the place where the Jewish fighters of the Lamed Hey convoy who fell in the 1948 War of Independence were laid to rest. “I was disgusted to see that people who sacrificed their lives for the the state were being used for the purpose of political messages,” said Alexander Doron, the nephew of one of the fallen. “The Lamed Hey convoy was a group of people who fought shoulder to shoulder and fell together: secular and religious, Ashkenazis and Mizrachis. So to turn this subject into a source of division for horrible election propaganda with all the photos from terror attacks, this makes me so sad,” said Attorney Nili Egozi, the daughter of the widow of one of the fallen. Eli Ben Shem, chairman of the Yad Labanim association, which commemorates fallen soldiers, said the video's release was "a serious incident that hurt bereaved families. Leave us alone, leave our children alone. Take IDF soldiers out of the political debate."
--
Gerard-Jan Rudersdorff-Vinkesteijn

https://facebook.com/gerardjan.vinkesteijn (east side of the hotel)
Karl's version of Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to exceed the time alloted it.

Fedora20
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816