Web lists-archives.com

Re: Disable auto update

On 26/02/19 14:51, cecerej@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have Firefox 64.0.2 installed, and the first time it popped up to prompt me to update, I went into the settings and discovered that the "Never update" selection was gone. I've Googled how to completely disable the auto update mechanism with limited success. I've been able to get the "door hanger" to go away in about:config, but now it just pops up a window instead.
Assuming I'm a grownup and can handle the responsibilities of updating Firefox at *my* leisure and not the spp's, how do I completely disable the auto-update feature in Firefox 64? I don't want it updating, nor do I want to answer a window asking me to update three times a day, so I don't want it even checking for updates.
I'm seriously considering just nuking Firefox from my machine and using Chrome exclusively over this.

I assume you run Windows. Linux Mint tells me if there is an update of FF available, and asks me if I want to update. As I rarely if ever use FF, I tell it to apply the update as I don't really care what Moz does to it (I use Pale Moon).

My guess is that the same thing will happen to Thunderbird before too long. So I've turned of Mint's update notice for TB, as I'm staying with 52.9.1.

--

Jeff