Web lists-archives.com

Re: Disable auto update

On 26-Feb-2019 10:38, WaltS48 wrote:
On 2/26/19 10:25 AM, PietB wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
cecerej wrote:
I have Firefox 64.0.2 installed, and the first time it popped up to
prompt
me to update, I went into the settings and discovered that the
"Never update"
selection was gone. I've Googled how to completely disable the auto
update
mechanism with limited success. I've been able to get the "door
hanger" to
go away in about:config, but now it just pops up a window instead.
Assuming I'm a grownup and can handle the responsibilities of
updating Firefox
at *my* leisure and not the spp's, how do I completely disable the
auto-update
feature in Firefox 64? I don't want it updating, nor do I want to
answer a
window asking me to update three times a day, so I don't want it
even checking
for updates.
I'm seriously considering just nuking Firefox from my machine and
using Chrome
exclusively over this.

You could search the Firefox newsgroup archive, SUMO, and mozillaZine to
see if that has already been answered.

So-called "googling" immediately yields a relevant answer without having
to search through all sorts of forums individually:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1233924
Yet another reason to stay with PaleMoon.

-p

I like to make it difficult for these people that can't or don't know
how to search the web.

Tip: Every browser has a search engine. ;)

You're a mean one Mister Grinch. :-)