Web lists-archives.com

Disable auto update

I have Firefox 64.0.2 installed, and the first time it popped up to prompt me to update, I went into the settings and discovered that the "Never update" selection was gone. I've Googled how to completely disable the auto update mechanism with limited success. I've been able to get the "door hanger" to go away in about:config, but now it just pops up a window instead.
Assuming I'm a grownup and can handle the responsibilities of updating Firefox at *my* leisure and not the spp's, how do I completely disable the auto-update feature in Firefox 64? I don't want it updating, nor do I want to answer a window asking me to update three times a day, so I don't want it even checking for updates.
I'm seriously considering just nuking Firefox from my machine and using Chrome exclusively over this.