Web lists-archives.com

Re: puzzling junk mail

On 2/7/19 4:45 PM, Grant Taylor wrote:
If you get spam with your email address (not the human friendly name) in the from, or especially the SMTP envelope FROM:, then your email provider is almost certainly not doing their job correctly.

Somehow I failed to include the critical part of such email not originating from your ISP's email server.

Your ISP's email server should easily be able to detect many types of spoofing. If it's spoofed, then your ISP's email server should not accept the message.

Daniel, there are probably days where I send more email to myself than other people send to me. Notes, reminders, etc.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die