Web lists-archives.com

Re: puzzling junk mail

David E. Ross wrote:
I do occasionally send myself E-mail from my own account.

As you pointed out in an earlier message in this thread, newsletters
sent to Bcc addresses are sometimes bounced by the recipient's mail
server if there is no To addres.  Thus, I send my annual newsletter to
family and friends -- Bcc addresses -- with my own address on the To line.

Also, I sometimes need to send a test message to myself, either testing
Thunderbird or else my ISP's mail hosting.

One other use --

My primary mail client is POP, but I do a measure of work from other clients using IMAP, including my phone and webmail. If I'm sending from an alternate client, I will often Bcc: myself, so that a copy is stored in my inbox, where the POP client can see it. Then, when I make a POP download, I have a copy of the sent message that I can put into my normal filing system.

Smith