Web lists-archives.com

Re: puzzling junk mail

On 2/8/2019, 12:36:11 AM, Daniel <dxmm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why?? Why should my ISP allow me to send e-mails to myself from my own
> e-mail account??

Anyone who uses their ISP as their email service is just plain ignorant
(note, unlike deliberate ignorance, just being ignorant is not a bad
thing, as long as you correct it once discovered).

A good anti-spam filter will only allow FROM = TO if the email was
generated by the authoritative SMTP server for that user account. It is
very easy to stop spoofed emails like this in postfix if you host your
own email service, but for some stupid reason, Microsoft is unable to do
so easily within their Office 365 eco system.