Web lists-archives.com

Re: puzzling junk mail

On 2/5/19 4:00 PM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 05/02/2019 20:51, Brian wrote:
>>
>> We have a website of sorts, but once again, the contact details on
>> that are to a totally different address. This message came in to the
>> address I use for day-to-day communication.
>>

> If it for day to day use then the eMail account of your friends or
> relatives was hacked and they managed to steal info of everybody in
> that eMail account.  Did you check if other people in your circle is
> receiving these eMails?

OK, that could certainly explain how they got the address. The idea of
asking everyone in my address book whether they get the same e-mails?
No, I don't think I'm quite THAT curious! :)

> I have got friends who would subscribe me using my eMail to all the
> newsletters they think is good and spam starts to flood in so now I
> have decided to create special eMails such as@
>
> my_eMail.friendsName@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> now when I communicate with that friend, I use this special eMail and
> so if it is hacked or he/she misuses it then I know who the culprit is.
>
> You could put numbers instead of friendsName but always make a note
> who that number is assigned to.

That's the same trick that I use with vendors. The idea of using it
for individuals hadn't occurred to me. It's probably too late now.

Brian.