Web lists-archives.com

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

On 1/25/2019, 5:43:21 PM, Wolf K <wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2019-01-25 12:33, Disaster Master wrote:
>> On Thu Jan 24 2019 17:06:01 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
>> <schw01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>> Wouldn't a wall on the border be an obstacle to those that want to live
>>> a better life in our wonderful country,

>> Wouldn't locked doors on your house be an obstacle to those who believe
>> they have a right to your stuff? What a stupid brain dead question. Of
>> course it is, and that is the point.
>>
>> American Citizens have the Right to be here. Non-Citizens do not.

> Er, lots of non-citizens have the right to be in the USA. Some for a set
> time, some with no set time limit.

True, thank you for pointing out my mistake. I should have said 'those
who entered here illegally', but I think that was (or should have been)
clear from the context.

>> Name me one (free and prosperous) country that has open borders...

> Of course the USA doesn't have open borders. No country does.

Which makes my point - many people, including the person I was
responding to, is in favor of open borders.

> Like other countries, the USA has controlled points of entry. BTW,
> that's where almost all of your illegal aliens get into the USA: They
> enter legally, and then, er, forget to leave.

This is simply not true. Many, maybe, but the vast majority come in via
the uncontrolled open parts of the border - you know, the places where
the Wall is needed.

> The USA also has patrolled borders. And like all those of all other
> countries, these patrolled borders are leaky.

Exactly the point - plug the leakiest places.

> So you see, the USA is like pretty well everybody else.

Thanks for making another point. Sorry, but I do not want what is
currently happening in Europe to happen here.