Web lists-archives.com

Re: Thunderbird HTML compose does not have STRIKE format??

On 1/23/19 9:01 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 23-01-2019 01:25, WaltS48 escreveu:
On 1/22/19 9:24 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 22-01-2019 15:08, WaltS48 escreveu:
On 1/21/19 6:10 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 21-01-2019 20:45, Ray_Net escreveu:
Balaco ocalaB wrote on 21-01-19 18:55:
I usually use simple text messages almost only, discarding all HTML
details, sending or receiving most messages - and eventually using
simple tricks to emphasize or any other event we want to show more.

Right now, I wanted to write a message where I would paste a long text
which I copied somewhere, but I will strike parts of it. HTML has strike
tag - since HTML 3 we have it! But there is no strike button.

In the menu, there is the option. How do I make the button for it exist
in the compose window? The "personalize" right menu only works for the
buttons ABOVE the "to" and "from" fields. Not from the buttons in the
composing area.

Ideas? A shortcut to that option (to strike) does not exist. 😤 Can I
choose one for it?

Do you want to STRIKE this word ?
Yes ? then select the word and go to "Format" - "TextStyle" -
"Strikethrough"

I knew that, and I said it: "In the menu, there is the option." I want
two things:

1. a button together with the formatting buttons in the message compose
window

2. a shortcut to be used when composing HTML messages

Official support <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird>

For a reason that I disagree of it being reasonable, and no clear reason
was actually detailed, I cannot get help in those groups. So I ask all
my questions here and - usually - people are much helpful here. In fact,
this is a place which I like to be, to read things being discussed. The
support groups are disgusting in this aspect.

That is the official support web site. Not a newsgroup.

I browsed it a bit now. What do you expect me to find there? I could not
find how to change the buttons in the compose window. So is it impossible?

Did you post your question there?

I don't know if it is possible or not.

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop
“Don’t give up. Don’t allow it to happen. If there’s a concrete wall in front of you, go through it, go over it, go around it, but get to the other side of that wall.”