Web lists-archives.com

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

On 1/19/2019 3:13 PM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 1/18/2019 4:59 PM:
On 1/18/19 7:32 PM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
On 01/18/19 3:52 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 01/18/2019 08:19 AM, jetjock wrote:
Daniel wrote:
jetjock wrote on 18/01/2019 2:53 AM:

jetjock wrote:

Haven't seen a post here since Frank Sinatra on the 8th. Did Mozilla
finally shut it down?

Well, I guess I livened it up a little anyway!  :-)

Yeah!! ;-P

I really miss the "good ol' days" when folks used to get excited about
stuff! When "JoeS", "The Purple Hippo", "Jay Garcia" and others I can't
remember, used to see who could develop the neatest scripts to animate
things and argue about "top posting" vs "bottom posting" etc.. But I
guess as Thomas Wolfe said, "You Can't Go Home Again"!  :-(

I miss usenet.  Some of the 'friends' are still around on facebook, but it's not the same.  Or even close.

I wish Jay would come back and tell us how he's doing.

I'm with you on this one Bev. 👌

What about Ron Hunter?

Last time I asked about him, he responded that he was mostly in lurk mode but still with us. Hopefully, that still the same or, if not, he's spending his time writing again, see http://www.siye.co.uk/viewuser.php?uid=5983

Good discussion, let's have some more in the future.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman