Web lists-archives.com

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

Frank wrote:
On 1/19/2019 2:16 AM, Martin Edwards wrote:
On 1/18/2019 8:52 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 01/18/2019 08:19 AM, jetjock wrote:
Daniel wrote:
jetjock wrote on 18/01/2019 2:53 AM:

jetjock wrote:

Haven't seen a post here since Frank Sinatra on the 8th. Did Mozilla
finally shut it down?

Well, I guess I livened it up a little anyway!  :-)

Yeah!! ;-P

I really miss the "good ol' days" when folks used to get excited about
stuff! When "JoeS", "The Purple Hippo", "Jay Garcia" and others I can't
remember, used to see who could develop the neatest scripts to animate
things and argue about "top posting" vs "bottom posting" etc.. But I
guess as Thomas Wolfe said, "You Can't Go Home Again"!  :-(

I miss usenet.  Some of the 'friends' are still around on facebook, but it's not the same.  Or even close.

I wish Jay would come back and tell us how he's doing.

I'm still in a couple of active groups: alt.tv.law-and-order, originally about the tv show, but now mainly a current affairs group, and soc.history.ancient, which is sometimes a bit cranky, as you can imagine.

Lot of us old timers miss usenet when it was in its prime.  There are some active groups that spammers have missed but when they find them they pollute them.

I know (use) /usenet/ since 1974 with Teus Haagen, Paul ten Haagen and Piet Beertema from /eunet/ and /arpanet/

Karl's version of Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to exceed the time alloted it.

Fedora20
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816

ps. family: https://vinkesteijn.com