Web lists-archives.com

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

On 1/18/2019 8:52 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 01/18/2019 08:19 AM, jetjock wrote:
Daniel wrote:
jetjock wrote on 18/01/2019 2:53 AM:

jetjock wrote:

Haven't seen a post here since Frank Sinatra on the 8th. Did Mozilla
finally shut it down?

Well, I guess I livened it up a little anyway!  :-)

Yeah!! ;-P

I really miss the "good ol' days" when folks used to get excited about
stuff! When "JoeS", "The Purple Hippo", "Jay Garcia" and others I can't
remember, used to see who could develop the neatest scripts to animate
things and argue about "top posting" vs "bottom posting" etc.. But I
guess as Thomas Wolfe said, "You Can't Go Home Again"!  :-(

I miss usenet.  Some of the 'friends' are still around on facebook, but it's not the same.  Or even close.

I wish Jay would come back and tell us how he's doing.

I'm still in a couple of active groups: alt.tv.law-and-order, originally about the tv show, but now mainly a current affairs group, and soc.history.ancient, which is sometimes a bit cranky, as you can imagine.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman