Web lists-archives.com

Re: Did Mozilla finally kill this group?

On 01/16/2019 09:15 PM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what jetjock graced us with on 1/16/2019
7:39 AM:
Haven't seen a post here since Frank Sinatra on the 8th. Did Mozilla
finally shut it down?

While not entirely, this group has been more action when topics of
Firefox features and customizations were posted and/or other interesting
topics on technology were offered as discussion seeds. Then, once the
discussion reach a critical mass, then it was primed for splitter
off-topic subject like top-post vs. bottom-posting, acceptable number of
   sig lines, plain-text vs. html formats and Franky, Walt Disney and
Elvis being spies.

What? Elvis was a spy? Damn, I missed that. Everybody knew about Disney, of course,..

Much of the Firefox fervor has been sapped away once XUL/XPCOM was
de-supported. Similarly, technological articles anymore focus on adding
another camera or display screen type to smartphones or the latest
spy-laden IoT device.

Long and short of it, interesting technology is in a funk.

People aren't as enraged any more. We're resigned to GUIs getting worse and worse. We used to complain. We had PASSION. Now we just sulk.

--
Cheers, Bev
    Not all cultures are equal.  If they were, we