Web lists-archives.com

Re: latest update from Israel from newsnosh

GerardJan wrote:
https://israelunwired.com/idf-exposes-all-attack-tunnels-dug-by-hezbollah-from-lebanon-into-israel/

APN's daily news review from Israel
Monday January 14, 2019

Quote of the day:
"As per the ancient words, "Thou shall not murder,' for G-d's sake! What is the point of living in a Jewish state, and going through so many trials and tribulations to protect it, if the officials of this country do not see fit to condemn such an abysmal act? How are we different from other nations, if the murder of an innocent woman does not shake us, just because the murderer comes from among us (allegedly), and the murdered person is the daughter of another nation?" --Maariv commentator Shai Lahav slams right-wingers who either support the Jewish terror suspects in the murder of a Palestinian woman or who stay silent about the murder and the attacks on the Shin Bet, which detained and interrogated the suspects.*

*Elections 2019 Commentary/Analysis:
Trust Israeli Arabs to Splinter Politically (Odeh Bisharat, Haaretz+) I hereby announce with regret, mixed with relief, that we must adopt the words of Ecclesiastes: 'There is nothing new under the sun.’ In a few decades, some diligent historian will discover that at the very moment that the Arab world was mercilessly riven by schisms, a uniquely favored group, comprising some 2 million Arabs, confounded all expectations to unite behind an electoral bloc. We can confidently predict that our dedicated but pitiable historian will never understand, despite all his research, the reason it disintegrated. We must not let only one version be discussed in the media on the eve of the elections (Dr. Haim Misgav, Maariv) The appearance of the prime minister, while defining his expected announcement as "dramatic," has finally given the world a different perspective on what happened in his interrogations. Let go, Bibi, let go: The opportunity for a quick exit without prison is closing (Ben Caspit, Maariv) Among his associates, that is, those who are not yet state witnesses, the feeling of defeat spread throughout the week. For the first time they look at him and see a drowning man clinging to the straw. An outgoing prime minister whose expiry date passed. The death rattle of Netanyahu's premiership (Shimon Shiffer, Yedioth/Ynet) The prime minister's new lawyers were probably none too pleased with his 'dramatic speech' last week, when he tarred and feathered his predecessors, bringing up Sharon and Olmert's past legal woes in a desperate attempt to save himself. Corruption and distortions in the holy system: not everything is pure in the State Prosecutor 's Office opinion (Meir Uziel, Maariv) Someone wants to make people believe that there is a perfect system up there that mortals are unable to know its secrets. Many senior jurists even claim that the PM is persecuted. The Flaw in Israel's Electoral System (Raviv Drucker, Haaretz) Our electoral system encourages such warped politics - you can gain power even when 52 percent of the public doesn’t want you to be the next prime minister.

sincerely,
Karl's version of Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to exceed the time alloted it.

Fedora20
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816

ps. family: https://vinkesteijn.com