Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF 61 & 64 hangs

Em 17-12-2018 16:15, The Real Bev escreveu:
> On 12/15/2018 01:24 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> I'm being completely blocked now in m.s.f.  My comment here is
>> apparently off topic.  I've had other problems which were not posted.
>> Granted, I didn't actually ASK for help or explanation here, but I would
>> assume that those would be... assumed.
>>
>> I get "this script is taking too long" messages sometimes, but not soon
>> enough.  Sometimes a 'something crashed this tab, do you want to
>> restore?' message and a promise to send a report.   Sometimes I just
>> have to wait.  Doesn't happen with Chrome.  I don't even expect a
>> solution any more, just an explanation.
>>

>> On 12/13/2018 07:40 PM, borgus wrote:
>>   > > On random pages FF hangs and Task Manager must be used to kill it.
>>   > >
>>   > > FF has been refreshed
>>   > > FF has been reinstalled
>>   > > All plugins have been removed
>>   > > Cookies have been deleted
>>   > > PC has been rebooted
>>   > >
>>   > > Only thing NOT done is new profile creation, because data will be lost.
>>   > >
>>   > > This issue surfaced only recently.  Latest FF version is installed.
>>   > >
>>   > > Clues?
>>
>> This started roughly a week ago.  FF61 and 64 for linux.  Suddenly ALL
>> resources are grabbed by something and I can't do ANYTHING until it goes
>> away by itself.  Sometimes there will be tiny windows where I can kill
>> processes or firefox itself by hand, but this is intolerable.  Having a
>> dead machine for 5 minutes maybe a dozen times a day is a really good
>> reason to start using a different browser.
>
> I updated my FF64beta to 65beta and the problem seems to have
> disappeared.  Post still hasn't shown up fin m.s.f.
>
> The 'bookmarks' function seems to take a really long time to load.  I
> write my bookmarks off to bookmarks.html every once in a while, and I'd
> really like to import this file into the bookmarks function in FF65,
> whose bookmarks function is NOT current.  I've tried importing from the
> .html file, but it just doesn't seem to do it.
>
> Worst case:  I can copy over one of the bookmark files from FF61 into
> FF65.  I guess...

I am not happy with FF way to add new bookmarks, but it is not slow or
have strange problems - besides being badly planned.

So now they change the version numbers so much fast! Weeks ago it was
60, for a BIG change in many things... now they are preparing 64 and
65... those are, for sure, not big change releases - which, in software
world, do not justify an increase in the first part of the version number.

I am perfectly happy with my Firefox ESR 52.2.0. Everything I want works
fine.

--
=
       quem você é?