Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Re: FF 61 & 64 hangs

On 12/18/2018 09:17 AM, Big Al wrote:
On 12/18/18 1:17 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
I use the same /bookmarks.html file as the home page for all versions of
FF I have.
Interesting.   I wrote a C++ program to parse the file into web pages,
one per folder with all the sub links.   I use that a lot too when on
the road because it's uploaded to my server.

Mine is maybe 700 entries, many of them duplicates. I once applied a 'remove dead links' thing to it. It churned for a long time and found a few hundred. Unfortunately it couldn't save them. Stupid program. Easy to copy to new devices, though.

Chrome is easier to parse but I found a python script on the web to
convert the bookmarks.html from FF to a similar Chrome bookmarks file.
So my code works for both browsers.   I used to be a heavy Chrome user
and if FF keeps going south as I've been reading, I may go back.   I
just like the appearance a userChrome.css can do to FF.

I'd like Chrome a lot better if I could have a permanent vertical tab bar like FF has. I don't see how people can live with 20 or 30 tabs on a horizontal bar. I don't see how people can use the standard output of 'ls' either. WE READ LISTS VERTICALLY, at least that's how humans do it!

--
Cheers, Bev
   "The primary purpose of any government entity