Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF 61 & 64 hangs

On 12/17/18 1:15 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/15/2018 01:24 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I'm being completely blocked now in m.s.f.  My comment here is
apparently off topic.  I've had other problems which were not posted.
Granted, I didn't actually ASK for help or explanation here, but I would
assume that those would be... assumed.

I get "this script is taking too long" messages sometimes, but not soon
enough.  Sometimes a 'something crashed this tab, do you want to
restore?' message and a promise to send a report.   Sometimes I just
have to wait.  Doesn't happen with Chrome.  I don't even expect a
solution any more, just an explanation.

On 12/13/2018 07:40 PM, borgus wrote:
  > > On random pages FF hangs and Task Manager must be used to kill it.
  > >
  > > FF has been refreshed
  > > FF has been reinstalled
  > > All plugins have been removed
  > > Cookies have been deleted
  > > PC has been rebooted
  > >
  > > Only thing NOT done is new profile creation, because data will be lost.
  > >
  > > This issue surfaced only recently.  Latest FF version is installed.
  > >
  > > Clues?

This started roughly a week ago.  FF61 and 64 for linux.  Suddenly ALL
resources are grabbed by something and I can't do ANYTHING until it goes
away by itself.  Sometimes there will be tiny windows where I can kill
processes or firefox itself by hand, but this is intolerable.  Having a
dead machine for 5 minutes maybe a dozen times a day is a really good
reason to start using a different browser.

I updated my FF64beta to 65beta and the problem seems to have disappeared.  Post still hasn't shown up fin m.s.f.

The 'bookmarks' function seems to take a really long time to load.  I write my bookmarks off to bookmarks.html every once in a while, and I'd really like to import this file into the bookmarks function in FF65, whose bookmarks function is NOT current.  I've tried importing from the .html file, but it just doesn't seem to do it.

Worst case:  I can copy over one of the bookmark files from FF61 into FF65.  I guess...

places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite transfers my bookmarks fine.