Web lists-archives.com

Re: Replacement for "Use bcc: Instead" ?

On 12/9/2018 11:45 AM, Dave Royal wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:52:19 -0500, Mortman wrote:

> Has anyone found a replacement for the "Use bcc: Instead" addon?
> > When sending or forwarding a message with a group of recipients, this
> automatically can change all the To: addresses to bcc:, thus preventing
> displaying all the email addresses.
> > This is one of the most useful addons I've used but is no longer
> available.
> > I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer in finding a
> replacement.
> > Thank you.

I built a version that works with TB 60
<https://github.com/revad/use_bcc_instead_A>

You have to d a bit of work to install it.

I've been looking for this since it was no longer available in TB 60. This does not replace merely adding a _preset_ list of recipients. The app mentioned above gives you the option of entering individual recipients without changing each one from the default To: listing to bcc:

I have used the previous (no longer functioning) version of this app and have sorely missed it since the new coding in v. 60 of TB. It prevents displaying all the email addresses of all the addressees as bcc: automatically.

If you frequently send group emails to various lists of addressees, this add on is a blessing since it no longer requires changing each address in your list from To; to bcc:

I love it!