Web lists-archives.com

Re: Microsoft’s new Office icons are part of a bigger design overhaul

On 12/1/2018 10:49 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/01/2018 10:31 AM, Ant wrote:
On 12/1/2018 8:26 AM, PietB wrote:
rebro wrote:
Thanks to your hint I've stumbled across the slogan "Microsoft Office
Updates: Improving user experience"
Skeuomorphic or not, I wish they had been considerably more careful with
their Win 10 1809 version update instead just to improve our "user
experience" in this respect. :-(

Cleaning/fixing the mess M$ caused surely improves user experience.

MS (and many other companies) need to bring back their QA (hire me too
since I used to do SQA testings). :(

Or just ask a friend or relative to play with it for a while.  I used to be in QA too, but it was mostly just statistical crap, not actual seek-and-destroy missions which would have been fun.

Yeah, I no longer jump right away unless I do a backup and be ready to run into issues. As a SQA tester, I used to get paid to get the (lat/new)est stuff! These days, I just use old working stable stuff like 64-bit W7 HPE SP1, Debian oldstable/Jessie v8, etc. :P
--
"I spent my first 4 years living in the tiny town of Snug, by the sea near Hobart. Curious about animals, I would pick up ants in our backyard and jellyfish on the beach." --Elizabeth Blackburn Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
   /\___/\                     http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.ma.cx /
 | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
    \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
     ( )