Web lists-archives.com

Re: Microsoft’s new Office icons are part of a bigger design overhaul

On 11/30/2018 6:47 AM, Sailfish wrote:
REF: https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/29/18117580/microsoft-office-new-icons-2018-design-features

[excerpt quote=\"
The new icons deemphasize the letter for each Office app, but still manage to look familiar. “Our design solution was to de-couple the letter and the symbol from the icons, essentially creating two panels (one for the letter and one for the symbol) that we can pair or separate,” explains Jon Friedman, partner director of design at Microsoft. “This allows us to maintain familiarity while still emphasizing simplicity when inside the app.”
\" /]
Admittedly, they're not yet again skeuomorphic but there's no denying that the "new modern" eschews the ugly flat design forced on consumers several years back.

Interesting article. Thank you for sharing. I never liked the flat GUI designs. I am old school and prefer the 3Dish GUI with shadows and all that.

BTW, why does your signature's link use a tinyurl.com when it goes to a short https://projectit.com/ address? :/
--
"... human societies send their young men to war, weaver-ant societies send their old ladies." --Wilson and Holldobler Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
   /\___/\                     http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.ma.cx /
 | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
    \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
     ( )