Web lists-archives.com

Re: Microsoft’s new Office icons are part of a bigger design overhaul

On 12/01/2018 05:55 AM, Big Al wrote:
On 11/30/18 2:01 PM, rebro wrote:
Am 30.11.2018 um 15:47 schrieb Sailfish:
REF:
https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/29/18117580/microsoft-office-new-icons-2018-design-features

[excerpt quote=\"
The new icons deemphasize the letter for each Office app, but still
manage to look familiar. “Our design solution was to de-couple the
letter and the symbol from the icons, essentially creating two panels
(one for the letter and one for the symbol) that we can pair or
separate,” explains Jon Friedman, partner director of design at
Microsoft. “This allows us to maintain familiarity while still
emphasizing simplicity when inside the app.”
\" /]
Admittedly, they're not yet again skeuomorphic but there's no denying
that the "new modern" eschews the ugly flat design forced on consumers
several years back.

Thanks to your hint I've stumbled across the slogan "Microsoft Office
Updates: Improving user experience"
Skeuomorphic or not, I wish they had been considerably more careful with
their Win 10 1809 version update instead just to improve our "user
experience" in this respect. :-(

I kinda like the new icons.

Am I the only one on earth who wants actual WORDS along with whatever icons are used?

--
Cheers, Bev
  "I'm not proud.  We really haven't done everything we could to protect