Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox settings for downloads are all "always ask", but Firefox still download and open epub

On 26/11/2018 18:34, WaltS48 wrote:

However, "Do this automatically for files like this from now on" is greyed out and I'm not able to enable the preference.

OK try this:

1) Go to any link and download the ePub file. You can do this by right-clicking on the file and choosing save as ...
2) Go to File >> Open File
3) Browse  the ePub file you just downloaded;
4) You should get something like in this picture:

https://i.imgur.com/NEwFKPi.png <https://i.imgur.com/NEwFKPi.png>

If this still doesn't work then you might need to reset the Applications list by renaming the file called: "mimetypes.rdf". See this picture where I have renamed the file to "Original"

https://i.imgur.com/je9jnUz.png <https://i.imgur.com/je9jnUz.png>

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.