Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox settings for downloads are all "always ask", but Firefox still download and open epub

Em 27-11-2018 01:33, WaltS48 escreveu:
> On 11/26/18 9:59 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:

>>> How's about a link to a site where we can test this and see if we can
>>> provide a solution.
>>>

>> In the following site, with the settings as I said, when I choose the
>> PDF link, I get the desired dialog asking to save or to open (I never
>> choose the latter option). When I choose epub, firefox chooses "open"
>> for me - and there is not anything epub filetype in edit > preferences >
>> applications.
>>
>> http://lelivros.love/book/baixar-livro-voce-acredita-mesmo-em-amor-a-primeira-vista-fabi-santina-em-epub-mobi-e-pdf-ou-ler-online/
>>

> So you choose Open and what application does Firefox suggest? I get
> Document Viewer (default) selected.
>
> I click "OK", the viewer opens and I get "Unable to open document
> “file:///tmp/mozilla_walts480/Voce Acredita Mesmo em Amor a P - Fa"
> using Ubuntu 18.04.1.
>
> Using the apps on LInux Mint 19. I click "OK", the viewer opens and I
> only get a Table of Contents.
>
> I can save the file to my Downloads folder, but can't enable "Do this
> automatically for files like this from now on."
>
> I also don't have it as a file type in Applications.
>
> Forgot to check on Windows.

No! I thought but did not write too clearly: the save/open dialog does
*not* open for that epub file. Firefox just tells the OS to open it. I
am using Debian 9 here.

Anyway, the setting I mentioned initially should not have "open" checked
as default - as my situation. This is why it is very strange.

--
=
       quem você é?

  2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui: