Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox settings for downloads are all "always ask", but Firefox still download and open epub

On 11/26/18 9:59 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 25-11-2018 21:13, WaltS48 escreveu:
On 11/25/18 5:55 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Hello, people,

I always choose to save every download Firefox makes - and I really HATE
the fact that it downloads to a subfolder in /tmp (in *nixes, other OSes
will be something equivalent).

'Edit > General > Downloads' is checked to "always ask where to save
files". 'Edit > Preferences > Applications' have almost all items set as
"ask", so I am prompted about where they should be downloaded. This
works - for almost all files, as I discovered a few weeks ago.

For an epub file, the prompt never happen! The epub item is not present
in that setting list (possible "solution"?). There is not option to add
one. FF simply saved the file in /tmp, as said, and asked OS to open it.

To use the thread to do a related question: How can I change the folder
that Firefox will use for downloaded files it is asked to open (instead
of saving)? Id est, change /tmp to something else I choose.

How's about a link to a site where we can test this and see if we can
provide a solution.

In the following site, with the settings as I said, when I choose the
PDF link, I get the desired dialog asking to save or to open (I never
choose the latter option). When I choose epub, firefox chooses "open"
for me - and there is not anything epub filetype in edit > preferences >
applications.

http://lelivros.love/book/baixar-livro-voce-acredita-mesmo-em-amor-a-primeira-vista-fabi-santina-em-epub-mobi-e-pdf-ou-ler-online/

So you choose Open and what application does Firefox suggest? I get Document Viewer (default) selected.

I click "OK", the viewer opens and I get "Unable to open document “file:///tmp/mozilla_walts480/Voce Acredita Mesmo em Amor a P - Fa" using Ubuntu 18.04.1.

Using the apps on LInux Mint 19. I click "OK", the viewer opens and I only get a Table of Contents.

I can save the file to my Downloads folder, but can't enable "Do this automatically for files like this from now on."

I also don't have it as a file type in Applications.

Forgot to check on Windows.
--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
Crooked Ivanka - Lock her up!