Web lists-archives.com

Re: Replacement for "Use bcc: Instead" ?

On 2018-11-15 02:20, Dave Royal wrote:
Dave Royal <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Wrote in message:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:47:45 -0500, Wolf K wrote:
[...]
My inference was that he since he wanted to forward a message to a group
of recipients, he's likely done that and  will be doing it again. If so,
then creating a list simplifies the BCC.

Best,

The main point of the addon is that it *prevents* you accidentally CCing
a lot of people at once. ISTR you can set it to warn you if, for example,
you include more than 3 people in TO or CC, and asks whether you meant to
use BCC instead.  You can override the warning, but if you didn't mean to
do that - or think better of it - it will change them all to BCC.

It's a great addon. I'm also looking out for a replacement.

Agreed, especially for Outlook users... :-)

Tbird's List will not fill the address fields until you have selected from To, CC and BCC. IMO, this is a pretty good safeguard against erroneous CC.

But mistakes do happen....

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com