Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Remembrance Day, Veterans Day

*-* On Mon, 12 Nov 2018, a 13:06:14 +1100,
*-* In Article <tIednaG9RuSEfXXGnZ2dnUU7-XHNnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
*-* Daniel wrote
*-* About Re: OT: Remembrance Day, Veterans Day

> Wolf K wrote on 11/11/2018 11:19 AM:
>> 100 years ago tomorrow, the First World War ended with an
>> armistice. On November 11th, we recall and the honour those who
>> died for us in that war, and in all wars before and since. Here's
>> what I wrote some years ago:

>> https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com/2014/11/remembrance-day.html

> I know I'm being picky picky, Walt, and mean no offence what so ever
> :-) ... but, why, when discussing Red, Green and Blue, do you U.S.
> of A.'ians call them "colors" rather than "colours" (as a large part
> of the rest of the world does) but, here, (correctly) refer to the
> "honour" that is bestowed on those who fought??

     It was Wolf, not Walt, who wrote that, and he (Wolf) is Canadian.

                                        Ken Whiton
--
    FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: kenwhiton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.INVAL (remove the obvious to reply)