Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Remembrance Day, Veterans Day

On 11/10/2018 7:19 PM, Wolf K wrote:
100 years ago tomorrow, the First World War ended with an armistice. On November 11th, we recall and the honour those who died for us in that war, and in all wars before and since. Here's what I wrote some years ago:

https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com/2014/11/remembrance-day.html

Back in the early '60's I met two WWI vets, both on disability because of poison gas. One got a mustard gas burn on his leg from mistakenly picking up a shiny piece of metal while on leave outside Paris and pocketing it. The other was an ambulance driver who did not know what hit him but he ended up in the hospital with lung damage. Both these guys, in their 70's, still did limited part time work.