Web lists-archives.com

Re: Thunderbird and Theme Font & Size Changer Extension

On 10/10/2018 5:52 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 10/10/18 4:19 PM, FredW wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 14:39:34 -0400, EnDeeGee <invalid@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
On 10-Oct.-2018 14:12, David E. Ross wrote:
Starting with Thunderbird 60.0, my modified Theme Font & Size Changer
extension -- tweaked to prevent automatic expiration -- no longer works.

I have stopped updating Thunderbird beyond version 52.9.1 because
version 60.0 broke too many Thunderbird extensions that I really use.
Those extensions remain broken even if I disable strict compatibility.
Thus, I have no interest in making the Theme Font & Size Changer
extension compatible with Thunderbird 60.0 or later versions.

Sometimes I feel like going back to 64bit Fossa Mail even if it's not
supported anymore. At least all my extensions are working.

There are newer versions of Fossamail

There are newer versions of Theme Font & Size Changer, like version 64.4 by Bzzz.

<https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/theme-font-size-changer-fixed/>

yup, that works juss fine. In fact the add-on was updated Oct 7 with even more fixes for 60.2.1.

Many add-on authors are finally learning it's not that that hard to update. If I remember correctly about 250 add-ons are now compatible with version 60, most of the top 50, and 10-20 per week are being approved.