Web lists-archives.com

Re: TB/FF Weirdness

On 09/23/2018 01:09 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 23-09-2018 15:31, The Real Bev escreveu:
Yesterday I changed the name of the link in /usr/bin from 'firefox' to
'52ESRfirefox'.  It pointed at the same place, which is NOT the version
of firefox I'm using.

This morning I was unable to click on a link in Thunderbird and have it
open in my browser even thought FF62 was open.  Restarted everything,
rebooted, no change.  Changed the link's name back to 'firefox' and
everything is normal now -- links open in FF62, the one that I'm
actually using, even though the version in the link is different.

WTF?

This will be very welcome and much probably solved in linuxquestions.org

I admire LQ's purpose but find it a real pain to use. I'll give it a try, but without much hope.

And somehow the tweaking around destroyed my Tree Tabs setup, removing all the tabs ALTHOUGH they're still there with Tree Style Tabs, which is less attractive.

Never mind :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
  I'd rather not have neighbors. If I can see them, they're too close.