Web lists-archives.com

Re: Really, Firefox Reality 1.0 is out! Really.

On 9/19/18 9:59 AM, Luis wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 9/18/18 2:16 PM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 9/18/2018 7:25 AM:
It's not April 1st.

<https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2018/09/18/firefox-reality-now-available/>

Grab those headsets and immerse yourself.

I'll stop browsing when every site requires a VR headset.

Agreed. I've spent time on VR immersive gaming sets and after the WOW! factor soon wore off, I've always preferred going back to regular ol' non-VR games. Same held true with 3D TVs back a decade or so ago.

However, I fully admit, this may be a generational issue since I also never thought CDs would replace albums ... until they did. And now?

"I don't know the CD?" :-)

Vinyl albums are making a comeback.

Anyone want to buy my collection of over 1000 collected since the late 1950s? Only $20,000 for the whole lot. Elvis, Beatles, Stones and more.

Then there are a couple hundred CDs and a couple hundred cassettes. Sorry, no 8-tracks. They can go for a buck each.

I converted all my old vinyls, tapes, cassettes, CD's and DVD's a long time ago. Now I have some 25,000+ mp3 songs stored in several HD's. Vinyls again? No thanks, too much trouble. Maybe as a hobby for the sake of good Ol' days... and a vacuum-tube amp...  Mmmmm.

Doesn't sound like fun and probably why I didn't do it with my collection.

How often do you listen to any of it, and who gets it all in your will?

I fire up VLC player, select Icecast Radio Directory, select a source and chose a genre to stream.

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop