Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Let's play the "I Don't Know the ..." Game

On 2018-09-17 16:56, Hartdonor wrote:
On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 09:12:27 -0700, in mozilla.general, Sailfish wrote:

My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
9/17/2018 8:56 AM:
REF:
https://www.recode.net/2018/9/13/17852908/roku-anthony-wood-apple-google-amazon-tv-competition-peter-kafka-media-podcast

[excerpt quote=\"
*What kind of computer were you working on* ?

Well, in middle school ... I grew up in Texas but in middle school I
went to, we moved to Holland for two years and I went to the American
School at the Hague and they had a PDP 11 in a room in the corner.

*I don’t know the PDP 11* .

It’s a mini computer. This was right before, right about the time Apple
IIs came out.

*I remember the Commodore Pet* .
\" /]

le sigh

I Don't Know the HP-35S.
I Don't Know the carburetor.
I Don't Know the Pinto.
I Don't Know the landline.
I Don't Know the Princess phone.

I don't know the Reverse Polish Notation.

I don't know it, but I did know it, for about 3 months.

I've forgotten more than I know. That's what long life means.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com