Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox 60.0.2esr

Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what kenwood0622@xxxxxxxxx graced us with on 9/5/2018 7:30 PM:
On Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 11:32:48 AM UTC-4, Sailfish wrote:
After inattentively installing the subject ESR update only to see all my legacy add-ons disabled, I reinstalled the previous Firefox 52.9.0esr and immediately Options>Advanced>Update to "Never check for updates (not recommended: security risk)"

ymmv

--
Sailfish

Same here.  I lost 5 out of the 9 extensions I use.  I was more fortunate than you though since I was running Shadow Defender on the OS partition when I tested the update.  As a result I didn't have to reinstall.  I disconnected from the network and rebooted after exiting shadow mode.   When it came back up with the old version, I turned off FF updates, reinstated Shadow Defender, and rejoined the network.
Too bad.  A case where the cure was worse than the possible disease :)

Out of curiosity, do you recollect getting a similar foreboding vuln fix warning to upgrade.

english is not my mother tongue! ¿ what does *vuln* mean ?

Karl's version of Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to exceed the time alloted it.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816