Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox 6.0.2esr

On Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 11:32:48 AM UTC-4, Sailfish wrote:
> After inattentively installing the subject ESR update only to see all my
> legacy add-ons disabled, I reinstalled the previous Firefox 52.9.0esr
> and immediately Options>Advanced>Update to "Never check for updates (not
> recommended: security risk)"
>
> ymmv
>
> --
> Sailfish
> Rare Mozilla Stuff: http://tinyurl.com/z86x3sg

Same here.  I lost 5 out of the 9 extensions I use.  I was more fortunate than you though since I was running Shadow Defender on the OS partition when I tested the update.  As a result I didn't have to reinstall.  I disconnected from the network and rebooted after exiting shadow mode.   When it came back up with the old version, I turned off FF updates, reinstated Shadow Defender, and rejoined the network.

Too bad.  A case where the cure was worse than the possible disease :)