Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox 6.0.2esr

My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 9/5/2018 10:16 AM:
On 9/5/18 11:32 AM, Sailfish wrote:
After inattentively installing the subject ESR update only to see all my legacy add-ons disabled, I reinstalled the previous Firefox 52.9.0esr and immediately Options>Advanced>Update to "Never check for updates (not recommended: security risk)"

ymmv

Wow, 6.0.2 is an ESR version?

My bad, left a zero out, it is 60.0.2

I thought it was 60.2.0.

Ref: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/60.0.2esr/
Ref: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox/#firefox60.0.2

Just spit-balling here but it appeared to hit the ESR channel back on June 6th. The update didn't pop-up until today with an ominous message stating that my existing version Fx52.9.0 had a serious vuln that was fixed in 60.0.2, urging me to update it. The thing is, looking at the release notes, it appears that Fx60.0.2esr vuln fixes were also included in Fx52.9.0esr, so I'm a bit confused as to why I got the update warning in the first place?

Anyway, I just refreshed my Nightly 64.0 profile and I am running it only with Content Blocking enabled to see how many ads appear or are blocked.

Do you have another Ad Blocker like Ghostery to compare it to?

--
Sailfish