Web lists-archives.com

Re: Is anyone watching the general-owner mailbox (and has anyone else received email from Avas Flowers)?

On 03/09/2018 17:37, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 03/09/2018 15:34, WaltS48 wrote:
>>

>> Why do they have a post in this group dated Jan 3rd if they didn't
>> sign up?
>>
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.general/zlrJ0-ZBLPk/PmrsR8U_AgAJ>
>>

> Yes it proves conclusively that they must have subscribed to the list.

No, it proves only that they are subscribed to the list but that has
never been in doubt. That's how they are getting the messages, of course.

The problem is that they don't know how they signed up or with what
address. I now know that they are definitely *not* signed up with their
customer service email address from which some of us have received
emails. Investigations are under way to find out their actual subscribed
email address and to then remove it from the list.

The cause of this could be good old incompetence or perhaps malicious
intent by someone. It doesn't really matter. It only matters that their
subscribed address is found and then removed and, to repeat once more,
this is under way.

--
Mark Rousell