Web lists-archives.com

Re: Is anyone watching the general-owner mailbox (and has anyone else received email from Avas Flowers)?

On 09/02/2018 03:20 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 9/2/2018 7:05 AM, Mark Rousell wrote:
>> I've been receiving emails from a company called Avas Flowers who, it
>> would seem, cannot remove themselves from the general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> list. Has anyone else received emails from them? (I told them how to
>> unsubscribe themselves but they tell me that they were unable to do this
>> successfully).

>> but have received no response. Who is supposed to be watching the mailbox?
>>
>> Someone somewhere must be able to remove incorrectly subscribed members
>> from the list.
>>
>> Although this list/group is not moderated, I have emailed Chris Ilias in
>> case he knows who should be tending the general-owner mailbox.
>>

> Contact their hosting service, determined through WhoIs.  Report them as
> spamming a technical distribution list.

Christ, you ARE a bundle of laughs, aren't you? :(

For the record, what happened with me is that I posted to one of the
lists (I think it was the wishlist, but I'm not certain) and Avas sent
me an e-mail acknowledging my e-mail, and then a second e-mail saying
that they didn't understand the question I was asking them. They then
sent a perfectly polite third message asking (after I'd tried to
explain what was happening) that I remove them from the list, and they
got a bit upset when I told them that *I* couldn't do that.

As far as I know, they've not posted to the list themselves, they just
respond privately to messages that they receive from the list. They
claimed to have no idea how their address could have been subscribed
in the first place.

Brian.