Web lists-archives.com

Re: SOLVED Re: Still Unable to Install Thunderbird 60.0

On 8/24/2018 12:33 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 23-08-2018 12:20, David E. Ross escreveu:
On 8/22/2018 11:20 PM, Dave Royal wrote:
"David E. Ross" <nobody@nowhere.invalid> Wrote in message:

Also, I am still unable to get this very on-topic message to appear in
the mozilla.support.thunderbird newsgroup.

I see from the bug you resolved it.

Did your posts to m.s.thunderbird ever appear? (I don't see any
 new threads on this mobile, as I mentioned elsewhere.)

Yes, I solved the problem.

And noteworthy - it wasn't caused by Thunderbird.

Although it crashes too much, I am partially happy with 45.8.0. Crash reports? Yes! All possible, with all possible details, and even allowing Mozilla contacts about those crashes - since several months ago, at a very weak least (meaning it can be much more). What ever happened in that sense? Absolutely nothing.

There are tens of thousands of crashes reported per day*. There isn't the slightest chance that yours would be looked at individually unless it was noteworthy. Therefore, crashes are normally looked at in groups based on the crash signature.

Furthermore, as of recently, no one on the Thunderbird team has access to the comments and email addresses in crash reports. (But someone is working to resolve that issue.)

If you have a reproducible crash, with step to reproduce, then you should file a bug report. The links are conveniently right there when you view the crash report. You can get to your crash reports from Help > Troubleshooting.

* over 14,000 per day for version 52.9.1 alone https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrashers/?product=Thunderbird&version=52.9.1&_facets_size=300

And there are people who moved away from Mozilla projects exactly because they run away from "selected" problems, flaws and bugs.

Thunderbird is not Mozilla.