Web lists-archives.com

Re: How do I create a homepage in Firefox with Windows 10?

Balaco ocalaB wrote on 19-08-18 16:04:
Em 19-08-2018 10:38, Big Al escreveu:
On 08/19/2018 06:22 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 16-08-2018 18:52, Ray_Net escreveu:
Balaco ocalaB wrote on 16-08-18 20:19:
Em 16-08-2018 13:04, longanodan@xxxxxxxxx escreveu:
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 1:03:26 AM UTC-4, longa...@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:
I think the topic speaks for itself.

WaltS48 knew exactly what I meant. It worked, thank you!

You should consider to say things in ways that are clear, instead of
just luckly guessable.

Give us the good sentence to be written in the question ....

As we see in Firefox preference window, what was originally asked is
the start page, which is pretty different from a homepage. "Start
page" is what is written when we click on 'Edit > Preferences' (the
Preferences menu item is in different places due a "plucking" decision
of FF devs) and the 'General' settings are shown. The item chosen in
the "When Firefox starts" option is important. The original poster
should want it to be "show my start page".

So the title I would choose for this thread is:

"How do I make Firefox always show, when started, a specific page with
Windows 10?"

The answer is: in the General section of FF preferences, put the full
URL of that page in the "Start page" option, and choose "show my start
page" in the "When Firefox starts" option.

(:

If I read you right, Linux FF 60.0.1 is nothing like that.
https://imgur.com/a/dPchDz2

Home (or homepage) is something completely different of what I pointed!

But you showed a screenshot of the "Home" section of preferences. What do you see in the General section?

And I think I do not even have a "home" button possibility! I even searched all my preferences sections looking for that, and I did not see any.

Everything I have said is about Firefox ESR 52, the correspondent normal version for that ESR number, and any (or most of) previous versions.

The picture shows the term "Home" twice, so, it's the home page.
In the FF windowd there is on the left upper part a small thumbnail representing a house, = my house = my home ...