Web lists-archives.com

Re: How do I create a homepage in Firefox with Windows 10?

On 8/19/18 10:08 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 19-08-2018 11:01, WaltS48 escreveu:
On 8/19/18 6:22 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 16-08-2018 18:52, Ray_Net escreveu:
Balaco ocalaB wrote on 16-08-18 20:19:
Em 16-08-2018 13:04, longanodan@xxxxxxxxx escreveu:
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 1:03:26 AM UTC-4, longa...@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:
I think the topic speaks for itself.

WaltS48 knew exactly what I meant. It worked, thank you!

You should consider to say things in ways that are clear, instead of
just luckly guessable.

Give us the good sentence to be written in the question ....

As we see in Firefox preference window, what was originally asked is
the start page, which is pretty different from a homepage. "Start
page" is what is written when we click on 'Edit > Preferences' (the
Preferences menu item is in different places due a "plucking" decision
of FF devs) and the 'General' settings are shown. The item chosen in
the "When Firefox starts" option is important. The original poster
should want it to be "show my start page".

So the title I would choose for this thread is:

"How do I make Firefox always show, when started, a specific page with
Windows 10?"

The answer is: in the General section of FF preferences, put the full
URL of that page in the "Start page" option, and choose "show my start
page" in the "When Firefox starts" option.

(:

What "plucking" version are you using?

Everything I have said is about Firefox ESR 52, the correspondent normal version for that ESR number, and any (or most of) previous versions.

Current version 61.0.x has General, Home, Search, Privacy & Security and
Firefox Account panels when the user opens Options on Windows, or
Preferences on Linux, or about:preferences from the Address Bar.

They select what they are going to use for a home page in the Home
panel. If they choose to use the default, they can choose from Web
Search, Top Sites, Recommended by Pocket, Highlights and Snippets for
what appears on that page and the New Tab page.

The other options for the home page are Custom URLs or Blank Page. I use
a Custom URL with "Use Current page". The other selection is "Use
Bookmark".

Just lucky my crystal ball was working that day. 😉

haha... you are just not so lucky because you use what I think is a very bad Firefox version, like the original poster is probably also using.

Firefox people are just senseless...

I'm up to date on known security vulnerabilities and enjoying the new features of Nightly version 63.0a1.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/63.0a1/releasenotes/

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
Version: 63.0a1
Build ID: 20180819100312

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop