Web lists-archives.com

Re: How do I create a homepage in Firefox with Windows 10?

On 8/19/18 6:22 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 16-08-2018 18:52, Ray_Net escreveu:
Balaco ocalaB wrote on 16-08-18 20:19:
Em 16-08-2018 13:04, longanodan@xxxxxxxxx escreveu:
On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 1:03:26 AM UTC-4, longa...@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:
I think the topic speaks for itself.

WaltS48 knew exactly what I meant. It worked, thank you!

You should consider to say things in ways that are clear, instead of
just luckly guessable.

Give us the good sentence to be written in the question ....

As we see in Firefox preference window, what was originally asked is the start page, which is pretty different from a homepage. "Start page" is what is written when we click on 'Edit > Preferences' (the Preferences menu item is in different places due a "plucking" decision of FF devs) and the 'General' settings are shown. The item chosen in the "When Firefox starts" option is important. The original poster should want it to be "show my start page".

So the title I would choose for this thread is:

"How do I make Firefox always show, when started, a specific page with Windows 10?"

The answer is: in the General section of FF preferences, put the full URL of that page in the "Start page" option, and choose "show my start page" in the "When Firefox starts" option.

(:

What "plucking" version are you using?

Current version 61.0.x has General, Home, Search, Privacy & Security and Firefox Account panels when the user opens Options on Windows, or Preferences on Linux, or about:preferences from the Address Bar.

They select what they are going to use for a home page in the Home panel. If they choose to use the default, they can choose from Web Search, Top Sites, Recommended by Pocket, Highlights and Snippets for what appears on that page and the New Tab page.

The other options for the home page are Custom URLs or Blank Page. I use a Custom URL with "Use Current page". The other selection is "Use Bookmark".

Just lucky my crystal ball was working that day. 😉

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop