Web lists-archives.com

Re: Virus hijacking Lightning calendar

On Sunday, 19 August 2018 14:02:34 UTC+2, Balaco ocalaB  wrote:
> Em 19-08-2018 07:39, Balaco ocalaB escreveu:

> >> Yes, my email address is correct.
> >>

> > I have sent you an email right now. I am sorry to let you waiting almost
> > 3 days. It was just a common lack of time to check things around here.
> >

> I received and am checking your message right now. The .no domain is
> yours, I guess?
>
> The message itself it much simpler than I imagined!
>
> In Thunderbird, do you use settings that load automatically any remote
> content? (images)
>
> And I think the message is not among the ones that may be trigger remote
> confirmations of we reading the safe parts of it. I will make a new
> thread for that question in a few minutes.
>

> --
> =
>    1.a. Você quer fazer um comentário, mas não quer mostrar
>         quem você é?
>    1.b. Do you want to make a comment for me, but do not want
>         to show who you are?
>
>    2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
>    2.b. You may do it here:
>
>    https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

I had disbled "Options - Privacy - Mail Content - Allow remote content in messages" to prevent automatic loading of remote content. What I just realized is that the in the option "Options - Security - Anti-Virus - Allow anti-virus client to quarantine individual incoming messages" was not enabled.

I'm pretty sure that the mail I sent you is the origin of the virus, but it can be that I'm totally wrong about it. I also noted that the Add-On "Provider for Google Calendar" had it's update date set to the same date as I received the virus.