Web lists-archives.com

Re: PiaoHong NewsReader on Android not displaying m.support threads

PietB <www.godfatherof.nl/@opt-in.invalid> wrote:
> Dave Royal wrote:
>> Libor Striz wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, there is lack of historic free and usable Usenet clients
>>> for Android.
>>
>> PiaoHong NewsReader is the /only/ usable text NNTP client for Android,
>> free or otherwise. And 'usable' is the nicest thing anybody has said
>> about it.
>> I'm pretty sure that all these spurious headers is the problem.
>
> Since 1982 I've failed to see spurious headers, and I fail to see them
> in your samples too.
>
>> Whether they're valid or not makes little difference: Mozilla's not
>> going to change them - unless perhaps it doesn't work in TBird.
>
> You may encounter such long headers with what you call "spurious" lines
> in just any Usenet posting. So it's not a Mozilla problem and it's your
> news reader that's broken.

I call them spurious because they're not relevant to an NNTP client -
they're the result of Mozilla's combining mail and a newsgroup. I've
never come accross most of these headers in a usenet group - though that
doesn't mean they don't occur somewhere.

But you're right - the client is broken. But it's the only
usable client on Android so it means I can't contribute to the m.support
groups on mobile.
--
(Remove numerics from email address)