Web lists-archives.com

Re: Very quick question: in Thunderbird, where a composing windows goes to when... ?

😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote on 13/08/2018 3:17 AM:
On 12/08/2018 08:31, Daniel wrote:

I was going to suggest that, sometimes, posts are held up whilst
they get moderated,

This is not quite correct. Somebody posting for the first time in Thunderbird or Firefox newsgroups will find his posts appear almost immediately. The moderator only holds those people who are
habitually violating the rules of the newsgroup.  For example when
somebody asks a simple question about how something can be done, then
there is no point in giving a 3 page answer to it.  Those posts are
likely to be held and almost not likely to appear.

Habitual rules violators and newbies until they establish a "good habits profile", AFAIK.

However, sometimes the newsgroup is just down.  For example, I posted
on FF and TB just now and none of them appeared.  So clearly the
nodes for FF and TB are not operational.  I have never been on the
black-list and my posts normally appear almost immediately.  I use
HTML and I posts links to images and still they are within the rules;
People have complained but Chris has told them in no uncertain terms
that HTML and links to "relevant" material is allowed.

ChrisI is the only name I've heard w.r.t moderation of the moz.support groups, and even he deserves to sleep and have some time off work, so that's were I factored in any delays in posts for newcomers being held up.

I could be wrong, though!! ;-)

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623