Web lists-archives.com

Re: Re:PiaoHong NewsReader on Android not displaying m.support threads

Libor Striz <poutnik4REMOVEnntp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dave Royal <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Wrote in message:
>> I've used PiaoHong NewsReader - also called just NewsReader - on
>>  Android for ages. There's a free version and a 'VIP' (no ads)
>>  version which I have.
>>
>> Recently - about 4th August - it's no longer showing any new
>>  threads on mozilla.support.firefox or .thunderbird. It does show
>>  replies to older threads. The latest threads displayed are 'Kill
>>  tab browsing' (Fx) and HELP (Tb). It seems OK on
>>  m.general
>>
>> I suspect that something changed in the way Moz generates the
>>  newsgroup feed. This newsreader has several faults, one of which
>>  is that it ignores replies to threads it hasn't seen the start
>>  of. I suspect that the headers are now such that it doesn't
>>  recognise any post as a new thread.
>>
>> The author has long since abandoned this app - I used to report
>>  bugs and he used to fix some, but that was a couple of years
>>  back.
>>
>> Any other users of this app here? What other newsreaders do folk
>>  use on Android?
>
> When you talk about it, I notice the same.
> Have you tried resubscribing to the group ? Sometimes newsservers
>  reset article numbering  what confused some clients.

Here is the first post of a thread that PH NewsReader does not display:
<https://www.cjoint.com/data/HHmqXfthRoJ_moz-ng-new-post.txt>

That has 84 lines of hearers!
One possibility is that PH just runs out of header buffer space.
--
(Remove numerics from email address)