Web lists-archives.com

Re:PiaoHong NewsReader on Android not displaying m.support threads

Dave Royal <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Wrote in message:
> I've used PiaoHong NewsReader - also called just NewsReader - on
>  Android for ages. There's a free version and a 'VIP' (no ads)
>  version which I have.
>
> Recently - about 4th August - it's no longer showing any new
>  threads on mozilla.support.firefox or .thunderbird. It does show
>  replies to older threads. The latest threads displayed are 'Kill
>  tab browsing' (Fx) and HELP (Tb). It seems OK on
>  m.general
>
> I suspect that something changed in the way Moz generates the
>  newsgroup feed. This newsreader has several faults, one of which
>  is that it ignores replies to threads it hasn't seen the start
>  of. I suspect that the headers are now such that it doesn't
>  recognise any post as a new thread.
>
> The author has long since abandoned this app - I used to report
>  bugs and he used to fix some, but that was a couple of years
>  back.
>
> Any other users of this app here? What other newsreaders do folk
>  use on Android?

When you talk about it, I notice the same.
Have you tried resubscribing to the group ? Sometimes newsservers
 reset article numbering  what confused some clients.
--
Libor Striz

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/