Web lists-archives.com

Re: Very quick question: in Thunderbird, where a composing windows goes to when... ?

Em 08-08-2018 21:53, WaltS48 escreveu:
On 8/8/18 7:46 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 08-08-2018 20:30, David E. Ross escreveu:
On 8/8/2018 3:07 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Very quick question. In Thunderbird, where a composing windows goes to
when I click "ctrl+shift+enter" ?????????? I want to continue writing
the message I was just now!

The message should be in the Outbox folder under Local Folders.

Oh! It is there!! Thank you very very very much! I am so happy to see
it there, together with several tests I did now with other messages.
Now I finished it and sent. How did you find that? I tried to search
for a list of TB shortcuts and actions, but all I found was unrelated
things, besides

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keyboard-shortcuts

which is annoying to use to reach any shortcut... click, click,
click... no, not here... back, back, ... click, click, ... grrrrrrr!

I found

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keyboard-shortcuts#w_message-functions

which has

Send Message Later    [Ctrl] +[Shift] + [Enter] [Command] + [Shift] +
            [Return]

Understand "Command" as separate key of from the previous "Enter"; the
whole quote seem to be two different shortcuts for the same action.

One is for Windows and Linux.

The [Command] + [Shift] + [Return] is for Macs. Macs don't have the Ctrl
or Enter keys on their keyboards.

Shouldn't that action save a message in the account's draft folder,
instead of local outbox? What a silly thing to do! I just tested:

1) compose a message with an email account

2) click "save" to have its draft in account's draft folder

3) pressed "ctrl+shift+enter" and...

4) the message was immediately moved to local outbox! That is totally
wrong! What if I decide to send it later in another computer where I
can access that account? So so silly. Can I change that somewhere?

Looks like it is totally right to me.

You used one command Save > As Draft to save it, and with the
Composition window still open, used Ctrl + Shift + Enter, to Send Later,
closing the message and saving it to the Outbox.

I think the solution is to Save > As Draft. Then when you have completed
the email, and want to send it later use the key combination, or File >
Send Later command.

You might want to open each item in the Composition windows Menu Bar.
File, Edit, View, etc. and review them. All that have key commands, have
them alongside the command name.

Some examples:

File > New > Message  Ctrl+N.
File > Send Later  Ctrl+Shift+Enter
Edit > Undo  Ctrl+Z
View > Attachment Pane Alt+M

Get the idea?

Get my point of view:

I never used "save as draft" from the compose menu you point, nor any of the menu action; I just use the buttons in main TB window or in the compose window, which are, by far, the two most seen windows for me; I just use the "save" button in compose window, which also has an arrow down that shows two more options, save as file, save as model/template, that I have rarely used. ctrl+enter to send is something I use a lot, and whatever I do to send messages, I must always confirm each one before it is really sent. So ctrl+shift+enter removing my not yet sent message from the draft folder, where it *should always be* - because I usually write medium or long messages, and I configure all accounts to save updated drafts every minute-, is something that I *REAAAAAAALY really dislike*! Local folder?! WTF! I *never* want to use something local when I have things in a server that I can and will access from anywhere! (...) I will just disable this nonsense function shortcut - and I am guessing that, unfortunately, I will need to install an addon to be able to do that.

I "discovered" what ctrl+shift+enter did by testing keys, trying to find something I do not remember now what it was yesterday...

--
=
       quem você é?

  2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui: